- « Previous 10 Headlines
- Factbox: Key nominees for the Emmy Awards
(Reuters) - Following is a list of nominations in key categories for the Primetime Emmy Awards, the highest honors in U.S. television, announced on Thursday.
- Pay-TV to reach one in five German households this year
FRANKFURT (Reuters) - Pay-TV is set to reach one in five German households for the first time this year, the VPRT association of German private broadcasters forecast on Wednesday.
- Cinematic auctioneer de Pury bids for online comeback
LONDON (Reuters) - Simon de Pury, the Swiss auctioneer whose showmanship has landed him film and television roles, is hoping his exuberant personality will help him succeed where others have failed -- in the online auction world.
- 'Game of Thrones' keeps fan in dark about next season at Comic-Con
SAN DIEGO, Calif. (Reuters) - Fans hoping to get a glimpse of what HBO's "Game of Thrones" has in store for its anticipated next season were left in dark at San Diego's Comic-Con on Friday, as the cast kept tight-lipped on the fate of their characters.
- Bill Cosby's Walk of Fame star to stay, other honors scrutinized
LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Bill Cosby's star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame will not be removed, organizers said on Thursday, but other honors given to the beleaguered comedian came under assault in the face of mounting sexual abuse allegations against him.
- Women's World Cup final draws record U.S. TV audience
(Reuters) - The Women's World Cup final between the United States and Japan attracted a record U.S. television soccer audience, while Japanese viewing figures were higher than when they won the tournament in 2011.
- Record 25.4 million watch Women's World Cup final on U.S. TV
(Reuters) - A record 25.4 million TV viewers in the United States watched the United States beat Japan 5-2 in the final of the FIFA Women's World Cup, a new high for any soccer match televised in the country, according to Nielsen ratings data on Monday.
- Tycoon Vincent Bollore takes aim at French satire show
PARIS (Reuters) - French billionaire Vincent Bollore, chairman of media group Vivendi, faced a political backlash on Thursday following reports he wants to shut down a satirical TV show renowned for its attacks on the country's elite.
- Trump's Miss USA pageant finds new broadcaster after NBC drops show
(Reuters) - The independent U.S. cable network REELZ will telecast the Miss USA pageant on July 12, the company announced on Thursday, stepping in after NBC dropped plans to broadcast the show because of inflammatory remarks about Mexican immigrants made by co-owner and U.S. presidential candidate Donald Trump.
- AT&T's U-verse TV service to carry CBS channels
(Reuters) - CBS Corp said AT&T Inc has agreed to keep the television network's channels on its web-based TV service, U-verse.
- » Next 10 Headlines