- « Previous 10 Headlines
- HBO tells jury it was 'generous' to British firm suing for libel
(Reuters) - HBO on Tuesday sought to turn the tables on the British sporting goods company suing it for libel over a report about child labor in India, telling a federal jury in Manhattan the claims against it were baseless.
- U.S. jury told HBO 'concocted' child labor report
(Reuters) - A federal jury in Manhattan heard charges about fiction masquerading as fact on Monday, at the opening of a trial in which HBO faces libel claims over a report on child labor in India.
- HBO goes to trial over alleged 'hoax' child labor report
(Reuters) - Jury selection began on Monday in a trial in which Home Box Office Inc faces libel claims over a report linking British sporting goods company Mitre Sports International to child labor in India.
- Trials, tribulations and tone deafness feed HBO's 'Silicon Valley'
SAN FRANCISCO (Reuters) - Venture firm Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers just put an embarrassing gender-discrimination lawsuit behind it. Now, thanks to the HBO show "Silicon Valley," it's about to get dinged Hollywood-style.
- With primetime TV, Apple hopes to hook customers for new Watch
LOS ANGELES/SAN FRANCISCO (Reuters) - As Apple Inc <AAPL.O> debuts its smartwatch on Friday, the technology company focused efforts to drum up buzz on U.S. television, using expensive primetime spots to entice customers to the fledgling wearable technology market.
- Bob Schieffer, host of CBS's 'Face the Nation,' to retire
(Reuters) - Bob Schieffer, the host of CBS's "Face the Nation" program, said on Wednesday he will retire this summer after more than 50 years in journalism.
- Is 'Game of Thrones' aiding the global debate on climate change?
LONDON (Thomson Reuters Foundation) - In the continent of Westeros in the hit television series "Game of Thrones", humankind is coming under threat from a zombie-like race from the north - but also from an ominous impending winter.
- Netflix renews 'House of Cards' for fourth season in 2016
(Reuters) - Netflix Inc's popular political thriller "House of Cards" will return for a fourth season in 2016, according to the show's Twitter account.
- Netflix to premiere original series 'Montauk' in 2016
(Reuters) - Streaming video service provider Netflix Inc said it will premiere its next series, "Montauk", in 2016 as it looks to boost its original content in a highly competitive market.
- Dish, Time Warner come to new agreement; Sling TV gets HBO
(Reuters) - Dish Network Corp and Time Warner reached a new agreement on Wednesday that will allow Dish subscribers continued access to Turner Broadcasting and HBO programming.
- » Next 10 Headlines