- « Previous 10 Headlines
- Curtains for 'American Idol' after 15th season, says Fox
(Reuters) - "American Idol", the most popular music reality show in U.S. television history, will end after its 15th season airs in January next year, Fox Television said on Monday.
- Newsman Thomas Roberts, TV host Kelly Ripa honored by gay media group
NEW YORK (Reuters) - MSNBC news anchor Thomas Roberts and talk show host Kelly Ripa were among honorees at GLAAD's annual media awards on Saturday, which recognize representations of the lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) community.
- U.S. appeals court throws out FCC order on programing contracts
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - A U.S. appeals court on Friday threw out a federal agency's order that media companies should disclose their programing contracts with pay-TV providers as part of regulators' review of pending cable and telecom mergers.
- Americans prefer picking TV channels to buying bundles: Reuters/Ipsos
(Reuters) - A vast majority of Americans would prefer to assemble their own pay TV channels rather than subscribe to packages that include dozens or hundreds of networks, a new Reuters/Ipsos poll found in a challenge to traditional television distribution.
- Fonda, Tomlin bare septuagenarian souls in 'Grace and Frankie'
LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Tripping on muscle relaxants and peyote on the beach, two discarded wives portrayed by Jane Fonda and Lily Tomlin work through their anger and heartbreak and then ask "now what?"
- British TV spy series 'Spooks' gets silver screen makeover
LONDON (Reuters) - The agents of Britain's MI5 hit the silver screen this week in a film adaptation of popular British television spy drama "Spooks".
- 'Boomtowners' looks to the human side of North Dakota's oil fields
WILLISTON, N.D. (Reuters) - Aiming to show the human side of North Dakota's oil industry, the Smithsonian Channel's "Boomtowners" chronicles the highs and lows of transplants to one of the nation's fastest-growing economies.
- Comcast adds kids, voice control features to TV service
CHICAGO (Reuters) - A new feature on Comcast Corp's pay television service will let parents activate a child-friendly zone that provides access only to age-appropriate shows and movies, the company said on Tuesday.
- Muscular dystrophy telethon, long run by Jerry Lewis, ends on ABC
LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - The Muscular Dystrophy Association (MDA) said Friday it will end its long-standing Labor Day telethon, aired on the ABC network, to focus on more digital fundraising efforts after the success of last year's ALS Ice Bucket challenge.
- Bill Cosby list of accusers grows; two more allege sexual assaults
NEW YORK (Reuters) - Two more women, a writer and an actress, on Friday said comedian Bill Cosby had sexually assaulted them decades ago, bringing the list of his accusers to more than 40.
- » Next 10 Headlines